Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Saturday Class Info

If you are planning to join us for the Paper Bag Mini album class (similar to my Strike A Pose Album) this Satuday at 4pm PST, here is a list of items for those of you who don't have a kit and want to put together your own materials. (The canvas I use is called Canvas Duck and is available at most fabric stores.)

This is what I included in all the kits. This is significantly more paper than you will need, but I like to have choices. You can use any embellishments you want or have on hand.

14-6x6 pattern papers
6-6x6 cardstock papers
8 paper bags
2 chipboard covers (4" x 6")
A 4" x 16" piece of canvas for the cover
A 3" x 48" strip of canvas cut into 8 - 3" x 6" tags
6-18" ribbons
Assorted 18" fibers
12" flat lace
12" ruffled lace
Large and small 3D butterfly,dragonfly or bee
2 acetate die cut flower shapes
chipboard stamp frame
2 coordinating die cuts
4 tickets (2 Tim Holtz, 2 tickets)
2 lace sections for tags
1" ring
TH fragment
4 paper clips (2 std, 2 shaped)
2 charms
4-6 buttons
3 colors of bling
TH swivel clasp
6-8 brads
10 flowers (7 lg/med, 3 small)

In addition to the above items (and for those WITH the kit), you may need:
All items marked with (*) are optional
-You favorite glues and adhesives. I use the red backed Terrifically Tacky Tape to assemble the album. A fabric glue is helpful but not necessarily required.
-Any inks and rubber/clear stamps you would like to use*
-Stickles*
-Glimmer mist*
-White Gesso or liquid Acrylic, tan liquid acrylic (warm beige), taupe liquid acrylic (cool, pinky beige) pale accent (pale blue, pale green, pale pink, or pale peach) These will be used to paint the canvas. I suggest that you pre-paint these items (I have a video tutorial on YouTube on how to do this)
-Glossy Accents*

We won't be able to COMPLETE the album during the class, but I will demonstrate assembling the album as well as embellishing the tags and the album pages. The class will be recorded on Ustream for those unable to attend as well as to review later for those who can join us.

Here is the link to the templates for the tags. click here
See you on Saturday!!

Laura

PS What's Up Wednesday will be up later today!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I really wanted to do that class but I didn't want to purchase a kit since I have that paper and I have the "Quackvess"...ok....that was reaching...anyhooooooooooo...and of course I prolly have everything else since I shop too much....so....looking forward to this! HOpe I'm around finally...every Sat it seems we're gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura, I'll be there. I'm a newbie, but I have everything and more to make the album. You have really inspired me, and I am so grateful for your unselfishness in sharing all your wonderful knowledge. I've had a blast can't wait till saturday..........Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a picture of the Strike a Pose album? I have been searching your website and videos and can't find it.

    Thanks, Paula
    pholub@unm.edu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is the Strike A Pose video address: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XauxjJepuw

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Strike A Pose Blog entry and slide show is in my blog archives for August 26, 2009

    ReplyDelete